07 November 2011

End of Daylight Savings Time 2011

Every year we change the clock
Falling backward just an hour,
But my internal settings go awry,
The whole thing makes me dour.

Is it five or six or even nine?
I hate this obsessive craze.
The loss of daylight savings time
Delivers an uneasy feeling of malaise.

Falling asleep as darkness falls
So early in the eve.
Then wake up in the middle of the night
With drool upon my sleeve.

I'll toss and turn and turn and toss
Til dawn emerges bright.
How I often wish for time
When daylight lasts til night!

These long three months that are so dark
Will make my days seem gray.
I'll dance a jig of gladness
When the darkness goes away.

Facing future will be my job
Til slowly longer grow the days.
I'll yearn for the time when springing forward
Keeps the winter blues at bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home